prices

jerry_milroy

<p>Is there a web site that you can check that will give you an idea of what used stuff is worth??</p>

<p>There is a guy selling a nikon 18-200 vr dx lense for 550, not sure if it is a good deal, I know it is th older one and not the vr II. I checked a few of the big camera web sites no one had this lens??</p>

<p>www.keh.com<br>

$550 doesn't sound like a bad price, if the lens is in mint condition. B&H has it on backorder for $709.<br>

Just remember that the new version and the old version are almost identical. Both have the VRII technology, the new one has the zoom lock.<br>

K</p>

<p>Ray.... I know someone who got a Nikon refurb 18-200 from an Albuquerque camera store for $200. I was there. He is a lifetime customer and that probably had something to do with it, but my point is: Sure, there'll be lower examples (and higher prices, too, for that matter), but the $550 Jerry is hunting is a good, average price.</p>

<p>The most accurate site that will tell you what you can sell your gear for is by checking the prices of completed sales of the same item on ebay. </p>

<p>FYI, an 18-200 lens is fairly priced at $550 if it's in excellent condition or better. If it's got noticeable signs of use, the price is too high. If it's absolutely pristine, the average is $580-600.</p>