Somebody in Singapore is taking orders for M9 mid-Sep.

msitaraman

<p>Hmmm. If he knows the price and finish choices, maybe he knows more about the technical specs, too.<br /> Steel gray. That's a new one on me. I wonder what the viewfinder magnification will be. Probably .72.</p>

<p>J.C.: The Paris shop does not seem to be announcing the fact they are taking pre-orders of the M9, when I checked their website this morning. Is it buried somewhere in their site index? You can get a white M8 + 28/f2.8, though, although I wonder who would want an obstrusive white coloured camera, except perhaps a white seal coated Inuit photographer wishing to remain unnoticed?.</p>

<p>Here I got a 4500 dollar rebate from a Brooklyn camera dealer towards the M9; using the cash for clunkers program. The Nigerian M9 is what I have on preorder for just 5 grand. The check I sent was 6 grand; the 1 grand comes back as a check for me. The clunker camera I turned in was a working Zorki 4 with 5cm F2 Jupiter. To disable the clunker they inject acid stop bath and one fires off frames until it seizes. The clunker program requires the film camera to be less than 40 years old and one has to buy a digital camera. One can get an added clunker bonus of 100 dollars for each Polaroid Swinger or Kodak instant camera turned in too. The Brooklyn deal is great; it comes with a 135mm telephoto; neveready case and tripod too.</p>