A Critique request

konrad_bilinski

<p>Design and general layout seemed good. The galleries loaded rather slowly. The scroll bar instead of thumbnails was kinda neat. I see alot of typical lighting issues..... mostly lack of fill light and raccoon eyes. Looks like the first image of the bride in your lead wedding gallery suffered from red-eye which was fixed in post. I'm not crazy about your portraits on your "about" page.</p>

<p>Nothing in the images looked appealing. The primary reason is that the color balance seems off in most of the images along with the color being muted. I suspect the B&W images were done because the color was really off. You have also have blown highlights in many of the images but is really hard to tell fully because the color is so whacked.</p>

<p>On the site itself the menu obscured the pictures as they scrolled across. Parts of people were missing, like heads. It may have been intentional but in my mind people don't pay to have pictures of just their body with no faces.</p>

<p>You may have intended that look but I personally don't like it and that is my opinion.</p>

<p>Thanks guys,there is a thunder storm here in Toronto today, so back to the edititng table it is for me. Ill just keep working at it. BW are BW because I like BW. I cut the heads off intentionally, it leads nicely from the bottom of the screen and it was something done for me not for the client, it shows that it could be anyones bridesmaids. </p>

<p>I think in general it looks very stylish and engaging- the composition makes you feel like you are there. I don't mind the dark B&W but might ease up a bit on the crushed blacks.<br>

I'm not a fan of the mixed color/B&W (a bit cheesy) or the blown highlights on wedding dresses which call attention away from the subject by being the brightest element. I also don't like that the site intrudes upon the photos, especially with the upper right corner "portfolio" box.</p>