Digital rangefinder today?

<p>Can't afford and don't want an M8. Want a digital rangefinder with 2.0 lens, interchangeable if possible and an actual viewing window for compositon, even if it is Auto Focus. I don't want the rear display to be how I see the image as the bright image shining in my face makes me very noticeable in dimly lit clubs. It also causes night blindness and hurts my vision in these conditions.<br>

Is there anything currently out there to fill the bill? Possibly the newer Olympus or comparable? The viewfinder rather than the rear screen being on is important to me on this one. I don't like the viewing screens lit up. Am using an old Nikon F2 with pentaprism but would like to move into digital rangefinder territory for some upcoming projects if it is feasible.<br>

I did some searches before posting the question as I believe this has been asked before. Either I don't know the right terms to search or am just unlucky, but would appreciate input on this one.</p>

<p>and (<a href="http://theonlinephotographer.typepad.com/the_online_photographer/2007/06/demise_of_the_e.html">link</a> ) on an older Epson dRF. It looks like most of them are collector's and enthusiast's items so probably no bargains. Some of the more sophisticated point-and-shoot cameras might be sorta close.</p>

<p>I got myself a Canonet 28, a "black Contax II", and a bunch of other old Soviet film cameras to quiet my RF twitch. They are all lovely shooters in the old style and it's not too much trouble to scan in the negatives....</p>

<p>For me the main advantages of RF were no mirror slap or blackout, meaning good for slow shutter speeds with little vibration. Continuity of viewing , and relatively bright VF.</p>

<p>Now the EVIL cameras give one similar positives without the RF negatives , Parallex, VF flare, going out of adjustment. I just am waiting for a less severe crop factor, after all who wants their 24 mm lens to become a 50mm lens etc. At least an APS C gives you about a 35 mm lens still a usable wide angle length.</p>