Why ZERO Photo Uploads on Leica Forum??

ray .

Hello everybody,

would like to confirm, what Tony Rowlett has said above: the Leica-Forum-Audience generally seems to be well out of the age of highschool kids and dealing with computers is not too familiar.

For me it is almost murder, and I´am quite glad, that I find my way here to this place, and get the occasional message on the sreen.

Over the years I accumulated thousands of photos. Some of theses would be worthwhile to be presented here, but this picture-loading business is nervetaking IMO. And I do not have the scanner and other gear for this so far ...

Now my suggestion: Perhaps there are some helpful collegues around here who could adopt ignorants like me to lead personally onto a succesful way to get photos here.

Thx in advance

Hello Ned,

although I agreee, that there are enough other places to discuss photographs, I would like to see more LEICA-photos being discussed here. What can transport the philosophy of LEICA more, than convincing LEICA- photography ??

To some forum-members it occurs - me included - that too many technical issues are discussed here. But being as it is, things should not be altered on this civilized place. But I would appreciate it, if more cracks like Mike D., Douglas H. and others could make their photoas available here.

Just for us average photogs to learn ...

Best regards

Here's a picture from a Picture CD. It's a 618 kB .jpg file obtained as an option at my local drugstore for about $5 more than the prints alone. I reduced the size to 400x600 (from 1024x1536) using the simplistic MS Photo Editor program, which may have made things worse.<div>003eqH-9218884.jpg.525c06231145cd0b6b520ca032cc6c84.jpg</div>

Photo.net has gallery space where members can upload their entire portfolio and for the viewing public just by clicking on the contributor's name. Isn't that enough? I don't mean to insult anyone here but the overwhelming majority of photo uploads to this Leica forum is absolutely pointless. There is a difference between starting an interesting thread with a photo uploaded to convey a point and your typical "see the bad photo I shot last week with my Nocticron f/.99 wide open!" I enjoy looking at photography but please do a little self editing.

Ray, I agree completely, and that's what I've been trying to explain. . I'm NOT talking about uploading photos on a thread in the forum, I'm talking about having some kind of photo representation on your gallery space. But several people have missed the point, maybe due to my poor phrasing of the question, and so have uploaded photos on this thread. Not what I was shooting for...

I WANT TO BE ABLE TO CLICK ON SOMEONE'S NAME AND SEE SOME PHOTOS IN THEIR GALLERY SPACE, THAT'S ALL!