Zeiss ZM lenses wont mount on my Leica M6 TTL. Help!

mb81

<p>I recently decided to purchase a new Zeiss Biogon-C 21mm lens for my Leica M6 TTL, but was shocked when it would not fit. The mount is an M mount and it will fit perfectly, but will not lock in place. I do not want to try to force anything.<br>

I took my camera to a local camera store and tried their ZM lenses, and none of theirs would fit either, but they WOULD fit on THEIR Leica MP and M8.2 bodies.<br>

At first I thought something was wrong with my camera, but.. All of my Leica lenses as well as the Leica lenses in the store fit my camera with no problem.<br>

Has this happened to anyone else? I am a bit upset by this, as well as confused.<br>

I have a Leica M6 TTL .85</p>

<p>I had a similar problem, but the other way around. I once had a Leica 21mm f2.8 Elmarit that would not mount properly on my Bessa R2. The mount fit, but it would not lock. The lens mounted and locked on all my other M-Mount bodies. I did notice that a couple of my other Leica lenses needed careful alignment just to seat the mounting bayonet in the Bessa's mounting flange. Those lenses did lock. And all my other lenses mounted and locked properly on the Bessa. I have had no such problems with other lenses and bodies, so I just didn't use the Elmarit on the Bessa.</p>

<p>I can only think that ZM lenses are made by VC, the manufacturers of the Bessa series, and that it's possible to draw a sample from the wrong end of the QC distribution. You should just return the Biogon and ask for another sample ... the replacement will probably lock properly. There might be a way to mechanically fix the mount yourself, but if you are only experiencing problems with the one lens, it's probably best to return it.</p>

<p>I was planning on returning the lens at first. But when I took the camera to a store and tested other ZM lenses and none of them worked, i realized there is a larger problem. <br>

I tested their ZM 25mm f2.8, 35mm f2, and 50mm f2. None would lock. Then I put on all of my lenses which all locked in just fine.</p>