Help with Photoshop Actions

mike_m23

<p>I am trying to learn the actions command in photoshop 7.0 I am using the included actions to practice and I downloaded a few from Adobe as well. Here is the problem, Whenever I select the action and click on the little play buttom in the action palette nothing happens to my image on screen. I think I am doing something wrong. I even reinstalled photoshop thinking that was the problem but it still does not work. Any help you can give.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Try recording your own action by pulling up an image, hit record, then hit auto levels, sharpen, adjust saturation, then hit the stop recording button. Now pull up another image and try your new action.....I'll bet it will work. It's been a long while since I played with PS 7.0 but I can't remember the default action sets. With newer versions you get a lot of workspace stuff.</p>

<p>BTW, since your post isn't specific to weddings, it'll likely be pulled and posted under the digital darkroom forum.</p>

<p>Mike i had the same problem, you need to "open" the action first. In other words, point your cursor on the little right pointing arrow to the left of the name of the action. This will expand, or "blow up" the action steps under the action name...click on the first one, THEN push play.</p>

<p>You should not have to open an action to run it. Just select any specific action and press the play arrow with an image opened in PS. Most actions will run in 16 bit mode.</p>

<p>To see what is going on go to "Windows" in the PS menu and open the Actions, Layers and History dialog windows. The History window will allow you to undo an entire multiple step action run if you don't like it.</p>

<p>To batch you can use Bridge and select batch which will bring up your actions dialog window.</p>

<p>There are a ton of Actions available to load into your Actions Pallet. Press the arrow with lines next to it in the grey bar top right on the Actions dialog window and scroll to and select Load Actions then select any action set you may have downloaded to your desk-top off the internet. </p>