mamiya 645

jonnymiller

<p>The Pro is a later model with a sturdier body. I don't think that the "super" had through-the-lens metering, but I'm not sure.<br>

If you're choosing, go for the Pro (or Pro TL) even if it's a bit more expensive. You'll find more accessories for the Pro.<br>

-- Greg Peterson</p>

<p>The Pro has an upgraded film transport, a self timer and an electronic interface for the new leaf shutter lenses according to "Medium Format Cameras" by Peter B. Williams. The book is publised by Amherst Media and has lots of good info on medium format cameras, including what upgrades each model has. I heartily suggest you buy it before buying a medium format camera.</p>

• 2 weeks later...
<p>Huge difference. I first had a Mamiya Super Body and I ended up chucking it because repairing it was not cost effective after a couple of years of work. 2 pro tl's and many many years later all I have had to do has been maintenance, no break downs. If you had the chance of handling both cameras you would perceive how much better built the pro cameras have.</p>