Outdoor Wedding Photography

<p>Okay... I have been asked to take wedding photographs for a friends daughter in August. She is getting married outside, no tent... no nothing... I am worried about the lighting issue... She is getting married in a local botanical garden... No gazebo, no trees just a rose garden... I am scared to death about over doing the light and washing everybody out... what do you suggest... Pleeeeeez help with ideas... I like a nice light overcast and trees for shade... Never have i done full sun shots...</p>

<p>Overcast would be good and so would shade. When they take me to a sunny spot for formals I shoot in the sun but ask them to move into the shade. That is where the good pics would happen. Large group shots in the sun seem ok becuse the areas that wash out are smaller. You should post this on the wedding area. You might get more responses.</p>

<p>Robi,</p>

<p>One quick comment. Go out and practice now. See what will happen to your pictures. Find out where the wedding will take place -- location in the garden and facing what direction. Go to the garden now (with a person to shoot, of course) and place your "model(s)" in the garden, facing the same direction, at the same time of day of the wedding. Make sure you go on a sunny day to see the effect of your standing in different locations.</p>

<p>Sounds pretty. Make it a fun day for them and yourself. You can only do your best. Just prepare as much as you can.</p>

<p>Good luck,</p>

<p>Mark</p>

<p>Like Francie said, shoot in very fast shutter speeds and always angle your shoots.</p>

<p>Also, not to start the whole RAW vs JPEG debate again, if you can and would like to have more flexibility to correct mistakes shoot in RAW =)</p>

<p><br /> And to chime in what everyone said, practice practice practice.</p>