Color in photoshop doesn't match with post-print

<p>I use photoshop to convert all of my RAW images to JPEG but when I print it at a local printing service store. The color seem a bit pale. So I opened the same JPEG image with irfanview and resized to the size that I've printed (960x1440px), the color from the printed photo and on irfanview are 97%.<br>

Would you resize all the images to the size that you're gonna print then edit it or just edit it from the original sizes?</p>

<p>I've found an interesting info about the colorspace</p>

<p>

<table border="1">

<tbody>

<tr>

<td>sRGB:</td>

<td>Standard color space for Windows. It is widely used as the standard color space for monitors, digital cameras, and scanners.</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>Adobe RGB:</td>

<td>It is a wider color space than sRGB and is mainly used for commercial printing for business purposes.</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>Apple RGB :</td>

<td>Standard color space for Macintosh. It is a slightly wider color space than sRGB.</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>ColorMatch RGB:</td>

<td>It is a slightly wider color space than sRGB and is mainly used for commercial printing for business purposes.</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td>Wide Gamut RGB:</td>

<td>It is a wider color space than Adobe RGB.</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<br>

My current colorspace setting is sRGB</p>

<p>Thanks Sam for the link.<br>

Do you guys resize to a certain size before sending to lab or leave as its original size? I normally set the largest RAW size on my 40D, just in case if client wants to print a larger photo. </p>

<p>Some of my clients want the CD so they can print wherever they want. Should I make different sizes or just give them the larger size? One of my client brought the CD to Walmart and printed them but the photos look crappy and then they brought to Kinkos which costs as twice as Walmart' price; the color turned out exactly as on computer but they only printed a couple of them and the rest are from walmart.<br />When we take a look at a photo, we never ask the photo's owner "where did you print it". Most of the time, we ask "who took this photo?"</p>

<blockquote><br /></blockquote>

<blockquote>

<p>Some of my clients want the CD so they can print wherever they want. Should I make different sizes or just give them the larger size?</p>

</blockquote>

<p>How do you make money if your <strong>CLIENT </strong> (keyword) have all the file and can print at whatever size they want? did you sell them the CD for 1000$ or more?</p>

<blockquote>

<p>brought the CD to Walmart and printed them but the photos look crappy and then they brought to Kinkos which costs as twice as Walmart' price; the color turned out exactly as on computer</p>

</blockquote>

<p>They got what they pay for..client go to cheap place and get cheap result...no magic there. They need to be educated, and its your duty to do so.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>When we take a look at a photo, we never ask the photo's owner "where did you print it". Most of the time, we ask "who took this photo?"</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Depend of the kind of business you want to have. My client know where and who make the picture, because i put all my knowledge before AND after the shoot. Meaning that if i want to be proud of my images i print them, and if it append i also<strong> SELL </strong> (keyword to be able call someone client) a CD as part of the deal i also give them the place where they should go to keep the quality to the same standard.</p>

<p>A bad print could ruin your name, even if you didtn print it..it also show you dont care. At least in the wolrd i live and at the stage i am.</p>

<p>They'd no problem with the crappy look on their photos. So that's why they didn't want to spend extra pennies for better quality. If they tell their friends the truth then I don't have to worry about my reputation. I think I have to take "I shoot, you print!" off from my packages.</p>

<p>Unless you have the ICC profile for your printing service you'll never get it right. Some printers will give it to you. If they use a Noritsu printer you may be able to find it here:</p>

<p>http://www.drycreekphoto.com/icc/index.html</p>

<p>Or you could just use the printer nearest on the list to you. The site also have a good overview of printer profiling.</p>

<p>And you'll also need to color calibrate your monitor.</p>