Starting to feel normal again

bob-c

<p>Well, it has been five weeks since my surgery and I am beginning to feel like my same old self again. To celebrate the occasion, I took the 5:42 AM train into Philly this morning and spent three hours walking around and shooting off the K10D. It felt good to get out and not feel like a I was going to collapse at any time. Here are some shots from my walk. I used the Sigma 17-35mm f2.8 lens for many of them. I bought it about a year ago but have not used it much because I have never been real happy with the results. Does anyone else even own this lens? I have never seen it mentioned here. I am pleased with its performance today, however, so I may start using it more often.</p><div>00Txy1-155781684.jpg.6661fffce22bcda0f579c8906d29b7a4.jpg</div>

<p>Robert,<br>

It's great that you're feeling that much better. Keep going out, you'll feel back to normal that much sooner.<br>

The fourth picture is my favorite. Perfectly caught and the feel of it is amazing.<br>

Glad your back.<br>

Howard</p>

<p>Wow- you must be feeling pretty good! The 5:42am train??</p>

<p>Thanks for these wonderful shots of some of my favorite landmarks in Philly. I love Rittenhouse Square, the 30th St. Station, and of course City Hall. I have not been there now in a few years to actually walk around for a while. I wonder if there are still the vendors over at the old Reading Terminal marketplace, and do they still have the Basset ice cream counter there?</p>

<p>Great to see you are doing well, Robert!! </p>

<p>Glad to hear you are doing better; but how normal do you expect to be <em>and</em> in the Pentax forum? I didn't know trains ran at 0542. I try to avoid events more strenuous than morning coffee before 1000. </p>

<p>I liked the fourth photo.</p>

<p>Thanks for the comments, everyone. <br>

John, yeah, that's why i took the train.<br>

Michael K. yes, the Reading Market is still there and busy as always. Thanks for reminding me, it would be a great place to go and shoot.<br>

John, what can i say, I was hoping there was an earlier one so I could get there before the sun came up. I'll have to drive next time.<br>

Deb, thanks for your comments on the Sigma lens. I was beginning to think I owed the only one in existence since I never hear people talk about using it. I am looking forward to using it more.</p>

<p>Good recovery Robert.. glad you are back to your normal self :-)<br>

One of these days when I am on my vampire schedule I'll get to see that 5:42 am.. from the other end :-).<br>

#4 is interesting, but something about #3 appeals to me a lot..</p>