Lens for 5D Mk II Video

ben_quinn1

<p>I'm interested if views on what lenses people are using on the MK II for video. I seem to be using a wide angle a lot more than I would with stills, to the extent that I'm renting a fish-eye this weekend (which I would never ever use for a still). This is a vague question and it depends on your style but would be interested in opinions all the same.</p>

<p>Well, in my experience recording video with th 5dMkII, I'd have to say that the lenses that I've used the most are the Canon 24-70 f/2.8 and the Canon 100 f/2.8 Macro. The Macro lens takes some incredible shots with great DOFs. I like using the 70-200 f/2.8 IS, too, for it gives great bokeh effect and, even though it is a big lens and can be affected by the wind, the IS minimizes the wind's movement.</p>

<p>I have not done that much video yet but I agree, I always feel I want to shoot wider then I normally would with photos. I have to try the 100mm macro I mostly just use the 24-105 because its the 1 lens I own with IS. I tried shooting video with my 70-200 2.8 ( no is ) and it was very hard to hold steady.</p>

<p>Someone passed me this link from photo.net. I think its a cool example of fisheye on the 5d2. <br>

http://vimeo.com/3155182</p>

<p>I though I would use IS zooms but I use my 28mm f/1.8 probably the most. Zooming or chnaging any of the manual controls while shooting seems to ruin my efforts so I leave that alone and use a tripod. The quality is pretty amazing.</p>

<p>The fantastic 35-80 f4-56 EF PZ lens of course.  We all like a bit of power zoom.<br>

Really tests the compression and data rate.  But very nearly almost like a real video camera.<br>

All we need now is XLR inputs, built in colour filter wheel, zebra peaking and DCC circuit.<br>

http://www.canon.com/camera-museum/camera/lens/ef/data/telephoto_zoom/ef_35~80_4~56pz.html</p>