Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #29

jose_angel

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Richard Karash & Lil Judd: I'm not sure exactly what type of rock it was (I hope my college geology professor isn't reading this) but it was pretty soft and crumbled to the touch. My guess is that it was some sort of volcanic rock with an impurity to add the yellow/orange color to it. The photo was taken at Half Moon Bay, right below the Ritz Carlton. A few more shots from the day:</p>

<hr>

<i>Moderator's note: Two photos deleted. Only one photo per person per thread, please.</i>

<p>Lil, thank you very much. You know I enjoy so much with this thread. I`m currrently finding that such diversity teaches me to distinguish styles and ways of photography. Thanks also to Janne, Arun, Jonas and Jeannean for your comments.</p>

<p>I like <strong>Lil</strong>`s dark river, <strong>Dan P.</strong>`s portrait, <strong>Red</strong>`s flower, <strong>Randy</strong>`s leaves and many others.<br /> And of course... <strong>Ton, </strong>your portrait is simply <em>amazing</em>.<br /> <strong>Dariusz</strong>, why not to participate? Your pic will be interesting.</p>

<p><strong>Richard A. </strong>and those who are leaving for holidays ... Have a nice summer!<em> (BTW, my imaginary paradise was somewhere in Colorado, but looking at your pics&comments it makes me think that I`m wrong... !) </em>:)</p>

<p>Thank you <strong>Ray</strong> for offering up your photo off-site in a larger version. I often feel my photos don't look like much presented small.<br>

Thanks for info <strong>Ton</strong> . You do seem blessed with real "characters" around you. :-)<br>

Hi <strong>Jeannean</strong> - I am thrilled you like my shot that much. IR is a very different medium. I find many "rules" out the window & that this is a time to push the envelope. But needless to say - this shot is rather "normal" - - I do love working with IR & will one day convert my D300 to IR. But only when I move up to a next step up or so. I had tried a filter & did not like that - the camera converted is a great way to go. As for commenting on every photo - I know I miss a few along the way. Just hopefully not too many. :-)<br>

<strong>Per-Christian</strong> - I'm glad you enjoyed your vacation in Gothenburg. I'm looking forward to seeing some photos from there. I'm from Stockholm, but have family in the southern parts as well as in Copenhagen.<br>

<strong>Dariusz</strong> - sorry you don't get it. It's not a theme of anything like that. It's just Nikon shooters sharing what they photographed over the last week +. Not very hard really.... And not all that complicated. :-)<br>

<strong>Jose</strong> - thank you for commenting on my shot - I'm very happy it's gone over this well. I always feel uncomfortable with Landscape like photographs as I know I have a lot still to learn.<br>

Lil :-)<br>

<a href="../photodb/user?user_id=4539870"><br /> </a></p>

<p>Oh oh, late to the party this week (been camping).</p>

<p>Incredible portraits this week: Ton, Carko, Aaron, Tim<br>

Great birds: Chris, Christopher, Dick (I see you're back with the 80-400, I really enjoyed your shot last week of the neighbor kid)<br>

Thanks for last week's coment Lil. Boy, that Sigmonster really works for you.</p>

<p>Wonderful stuff: everyone... as usual!</p>

<p>I didn't have anything special for this week so a friend suggested I post this. D90, 16-85mm VR@55mm, 1/1000, f/8, ISO 200 hand-held</p>

<p> </p><div>00TxrE-155717584.thumb.jpg.dc6620458a6b4e2de15e81e599a6ff50.jpg</div>

<p>Lil,<br>

as promised in last week's Wednesday picture, I post, somewhat late, a picture "to bring you home". You give us much joy with your bird pictures, here is one for you:<br>

The <strong>Swedish</strong> Blue Duck!<br>

(Shot with a D300 in Borås Zoo this week)</p>

<div>00TxvM-155759784.jpg.744a0cd1aab3bdc8862a5728358321f0.jpg</div>

<p><strong>Ton</strong> - & I'm the complete opposite - I find people everything but interesting to photograph. I'm actually uncomfortable photographing them...... like I'm invading their privacy. Could have something to do with living in Los Angeles & all the paparazzi......<br>

<strong>Brian</strong> - yes the Sigmonster is for me for sure.<br>

<strong>Per-Christian</strong> - I have to admit I've not ever heard nor seen a "Swedish Blue Duck"... But if you say so.... Thank you so very much. :-D<br>

Lil :-)</p>

<p><strong>Ton</strong> - I do head shots for my daughter & all her Theater friends. They use them for auditions & when they apply for jobs. All the kids seem to have the one criteria - that they like the shots. I do them for free and am normally rewarded with a hug. I've also got my nephew in a photo session from a few years ago.... <br>

But every now & then an opportunity arises & I may take a few shots..... But Ton, I only take them if inspired & only if I feel they are "safe". After all I live in Los Angeles. People do not walk on sidewalks & any camera aimed at a person - the photographer is considered a freak or paparazzi. ;-)</p>

<p><strong>Per-Christian</strong> - I have received your information & thank you for telling me about it. Very interesting.... If I ever move back home - - I'm going to get one. :-)</p>

<p><strong>Ton</strong> - just had an idea..... My sister is coming to Los Angeles with her family in August.... She always makes me go to Venice Beach..... I'll give it a try while I'm there. :-) I'll let you know if I'm successful. :-) but then - being invaded by five people from Paris will probably upset my normal rhythm.<br>

Lil :-)</p>

• 1 year later...