macro sironar 120 VS the digital version and CFI 120?

d_g

<p>I'm in the process to buy a new macro lens for my aptus 22 (and arca fline 69).<br>

While ive found that with extremely wide angles, i had to go to the digital lens route ... i've also find that my apo sironar S 150, perform extremely well...<br>

I have the oportunity to buy a 120 macro sironar lens (orange ring) for a good price, but i'd like to know if someone test it and compare it to his digital brother or even to the Hassaelbald CFi 120 ?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The 120 Apo Macro Digital will be the better performer for digital (and also roll film). The digital series of lenses are designed so that the light rays hit the sensor at the best angles. Also they resolve higher and hit optimal aperture sooner.</p>

<p><em>Also they resolve higher and hit optimal aperture sooner...</em><br>

Yes, but anyway with my type pf macro work (art work) i need to increase the deph of field... <br>

<em>The digital series of lenses are designed so that the light rays hit the sensor at the best angles</em>.<br>

we are talking about a 120mm that will be use for macro (240mm of bellows for 1:1)... and when you see how a 35 xl digitar perform, or even a 45 apo grandagon, i suspect that the light rays hit the sensor properly with any 120 mm lens !<br>

under 55mm, i will go for a digital lens without hesitation... but there, i'd like to see real user reports !<br>

Where can i find the mtf of both lenses to compare ?<br>

Is the 120 digital the same lens as the plain macro but with a different optimisation (as the 55 are... ) ?</p>

<p>Thanks anyway !</p>

<p> </p>

<p>The digital lenses are different then the film lenses, right down to their coverage.</p>

<p>yes, but for exemple i can say that the 55 apo sironar digital covers 4X5... so this values are for optimum sharpness...</p>

<p>The 55mm 4.5 Apo Grandagon covers 163mm at f11.<br>

The 55mm 4.5 Apo Sironar Digital covers 125mm at f11.<br>

And the new 50mm HR Digaron-W covers 90mm at f8.<br>

All lenses will cover more then they are rated for but that extra area is not at the quality level that the lens is designed for.<br>

For your purposes the 55mm Apo Sironar Digital is the best performer.</p>

<p>For your purposes the 55mm Apo Sironar Digital is the best performer.<br>

Yes i know, i used it with great success... if i was shooting film again, i will use that one too !<br>

The 55mm 4.5 Apo Sironar Digital covers 125mm at f11<br>

this numbers are for the digital use, but when using film, the IC is similar to the apo grandagon !</p>