What type of battery's do you recommend for your flash?

<p>I dont have a fancy battery tester or any scientific info, but the duracell 2650 mah nimh AA's that I have are pretty good. </p>

<p>nimh rechargeables are a must, though, as I would pollute the earth and spend a small fortune if I used alkalines.</p>

<p>I agree with Matt -- the magic is in the charger, not in the batteries. I use a Maha Energy 8-cell charger that I can recommend. The important thing is that it charges each battery separately, and has some way to report on the condition of the battery.</p>

<p>For batteries, if you shoot (and therefore recharge) frequently, use conventional NiMH 2700 or 2900 mAH cells. If you shoot infrequently, use hybrids like the Sanyo Eneloop or Maha Imedion, which hold a charge a whole lot longer. The hybrids are more expensive and have a little less capacity, but at least they'll still be charged if they've been sitting for a week or three.</p>

<p>+1 for Eneloops. I started with regular batteries, switched to Duracell rechargeables, switched to Energizer rechargeables, switched to Eneloops and haven't had a need to switch since even though the Energizers had a higher Mah rating.</p>

<p>My usual analogy is this: would you rather have a 1.5 galon gas can that leaked or a 1 galon gas can that didn't? The Eneloops don't lose their charge. The Energizers I've used will lose some of their charge overnight.</p>

<p>If you shoot (and recharge frequently) use Eneloops. Although they're only rated 2000mA-H, they have a lower series resistance than a 2700-2900mA-H cell, so they deliver most of that 2000mA-H to the flash's electronics, insstead of turning it into heat.</p>

<ul>

<li>Because they're not wasting energy in heat, they deliver as many flashes as the 2700-2900mA-H batteries.</li>

<li>They run cooler, last longer, and help the flash keep from overheating.</li>

<li>They have shorter recycle times than 2700-2900mA-H batteries.</li>

</ul>

<p>If you don't shoot and recharge frequently, use Eneloops, anyway, because as was mentioned earlier, they hold a charge for months.</p>

<p>+3 for the Eneloops or any other trade mark for other manufacturers using the same technology (Uniross' Hybrio, Maha's Imedion, Camellion's AlwaysReady or any other). BTW they are rated at 2100mAh but I believe that manufacturers like Camellion already get 2300mAh out of this technology.<br>

+1 for the Lacrosse chargers<br>

and my thumbs up for <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=587835"></a> Joseph Wiskniewski' s answer that says it all.</p>