Nikon D2X Problem

<p>I have an intermittant problem with my D2X...it usually works fine (over 40,000 actuations) but sometimes after an exposure the image will not show up on the monitor on the camera...also if I push the menu button, the screen will come up blank. When this happens, the exposure counter will change from REM to C- REM...this happens regardless of if I am taking a single landscape exposure or a motor drive sequence filling up the buffer.The images are recorded onto the CF card but they do not show up on the screen.If I shut down the camera for a few minutes it will usually come back...I have tried swapping batteries and CF cards but that has no effect.</p>

<p>Hi David,<br />It may be a long shot but could you lock the vertical shutter button and see if the problem occurs again? It sounds as if the v grip button is being activated, therefore disabling the LCD and showing the C-REM for the buffer (which should show up when the shutter button is pressed halfway). If it still happens with the v grip button locked then i'd say your D2X's shutter button is acting up and may need to be replaced/repaired. Another button that can cause this type of issue is the DOF preview button - try pressing it a few times and see if that fixes the problem. The logic of course is that if one of these buttons is stuck, the camera automatically disables the LCD and will show up the C-REM because it believes the user is trying to take a shot.<br />Hope this helps!<br />Best Regards<br />Mark Soares<br />Professional Markets Representative (at a Nikon authorized repair shop)</p>