Leica R9 Battery Cover Removal Problem

<p>Hi Friends, and thanks for your help.<br>

My Leica R9, recently acquired, has a battery cover in the grip, as I'm sure you know. On my R9 the cover is very, very difficult to remove. I have had to use a knife blade to somehow loosen it at the top (next to the metal) and then "work hard" to get it to slide off. It is a significant problem, for it makes changing batteries a major task, and certainly not one to be done quickly while working with the camera.<br>

Have any of you had a similar problem? If so, did you find a solution? I would appreciate any advice on how to make the battery cover remove smoothly and easily, as I feel sure it was intended to do. Did I just get an R9 body that is "defective due to frustration?" (It can hardly be called "defective" for it works beautifully.) It's not broken, I don't suppose, but it is very frustrating.<br>

Thank you again for any help you can be.<br>

Stan</p>

<p>That's not normal. The R8 and R9 battery covers are identical and should slide off easily. If you can handle another R8/R9 body you should be able to see how it's supposed to work and either return yours or have it fixed.</p>