Grip for K20D: Will it take AA batteries

louise bridge

<p>The grip for the K200D can be used with AA batteries. Look over that battery grip thread I started a few days ago; you'll see that each of the grip models, it turns out, has different specs; and, different levels of user satisfaction. Pretty much, it seemed like the newer grips (K200D +) got better remarks from the users. They have probably been improving the grips as they went along. Each has slightly different sets of features. </p>

<p>Jonathan, no--Pentax did not make a grip for the K100D (or *ist DS, DS2, DL, DL2, K110D or K100D Super either). There are some aftermarket grips available. They usually connect a wire to the cable-release socket to enable a second 'vertical' shutter release.<br>

<a href="http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/camera-studio-accessories/18713-dicain-vertical-shutter-grip-k100d-super-review.html">More info here</a> .</p>

<p>Well, that clarifies that. I thought that kid was a little too full of himself to really know what he was talking about. He kept giving longing glances at the Canon counter where some sort of feeding frenzy was underway.<br>

When I asked to see the K20 grip, it turned out to have inside it a bracket only suitable for the proprietary battery, so then I asked if an alternate bracket for use with AA's was provided and he said yes. But he was not able to produce this alternate AA battery bracket for use in the K20 grip and could only proffer in explanation that the alternate bracket must have fallen down behind the display shelf. That's preposterous.<br>

It is extremely frustrating trying to find out anything about a camera from a camera store. I do not know how retailers expect to survive offering this kind of sales assistance. Nor would the retailer provide even the most inexpensive media card for me to try out the camera in store. I had to go home, arrange to borrow an SD card from a friend who uses that format, and then return to the store a second time with the borrowed card to try out the camera in the store.<br>

So, I really appreciate having access to Photo.net forums like this one in order to get the correct information the retailers don't seem to be either able or willing to provide. Thank you all very much.</p>