D50 Histogram Malfunctioning.

gen_b.

<p>I used to be able to access the histogram on my D50, but it no longer works. I've done a manual reset to no avail.<br>

I understand that the buttons perform different actions when the camera is in different "modes" (shooting vs. review vs. preview), but even after following the manual's instructions, I still can't get a histogram to show.<br>

I am not zooming in on the image in preview mode, but have tried highlighting the particular image with the right/left arrows, and then using the shutter-speed wheel or the up/down arrows to no avail. They just sort through all of my taken images. It does the same thing in review mode.<br>

I can also no longer access the menu to change the size of the mini-images on the preview screen, either.<br>

Any ideas?</p>

<p>I don't remember where it is in the menus, but it sounds like you might have simple menus on, which would keep you from all the settings. If you did an all-reset, it probably defaulted back to that. I didn't think it affected histogram display, though.</p>

<p>Hey Gen.... I'm afraid you are remembering incorrectly. </p>

<p>The menus were never set up by Nikon to change the display from One to Four to Nine images. That's just how the D50 works, and how it worked right out of the box. You can verify this in the manual on pages 51-55. You can only change One-Four-Nine with the "checkerboard button", which is my name for the Thumbnail button (page 3).</p>

<p>The "View Photo Information" choice for the up-down arrows is only available under "Single-Image Playback" (page 51). When displaying Four or Nine images, the up-down button will simply scroll through the photos, just like it appears to be doing for you (page 54). As you can see in the table on page 54, the "View Photo Information" choice is not even available in "Viewing Multiple Images: Thumbnail Playback". <em>Nothing is malfunctioning on your D50 - YEAH!!</em>.</p>

<p>You MUST set it to display only ONE image if you want to see <em>any</em> of the "Photo Information" fields (page 52-53). You need it displaying ONE image to see not only the "Histogram" display, but also to be able to scroll through "File Information", "Shooting Data Page 1", "Shooting Data Page 2", and "Highlights" choices.</p>