Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #26

jose_angel

<p>First time on Nikon WedNEsDAy forum. I've been watching from the sidelines for months. Everybody is great. I've looked at all of them this weeks but can't comment because of the amount of them all. Though something about <a href="../photodb/user?user_id=323291">Dieter Schaefer</a> photo of a statue in Crete caught my eye. Love the way the light falls on the subject. Would like to see it in fisheye as well.</p>

<p>Here is my photo. Taken last weekend in Coos Bay, Oregon. Nikon D200 w/ tokin 12-24 @ 12mm f/5 1/640th sec ISO 100. Hope you like and thanks to the other artists who submitted photos. Excellent</p><div>00TkoG-147939584.jpg.ad09b277288e9a70d54ab214c748eda3.jpg</div>

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Great WedNEsDAy photo day! </p>

<p>These last couple of days have been great experience for me and my family. We got our bundle of joy - a handsome baby boy [Nathan]-born on Monday the 22nd at 16:15 eastern time. - labor, well, labor is never great but thanks God for giving my wife the strength to push for only 15 minutes.</p>

<p>In any case, I had a great opportunity to experience manual shooting. Shot some pictures that made me proud of myself. The following photo is one of them - </p>

<p>Shot BW by my wife's D40 at 55mm 1/100sec F6.3 at ISO400 natural light....hand-held. </p>

<p>NO post-production was applied except for cropping.</p><div>00TkoP-147941684.jpg.805310c79267bd827e9ab5eb75c40bcc.jpg</div>

<p>here's mine. been using capture nx2 for a while so it was nice to plunge back into photoshop. this is my d700 with my 50/1.8 at f3.3 apparently and at 1/10s. not too shabby. just went around few nights ago looking at the city at night.</p><div>00TkqD-147959584.jpg.ca198dd38970987a4962345a17ff6a6d.jpg</div>

<p>Great pics again everyone, it was a real joy for me to look through this thread! Beautiful wide angle shots from many of you, I really need to get a dedicated WA-lens for myself (my widest at the moment is 28mm - on a DX - so I need one badly...). </p>

<p>Lil J. - Thanks. :) I've lived all my life near the sea (Baltic Sea/Gulf of Bothnia to be exact) and now I've been living inland for 4 years, so your pic really takes me back...<br>

Richard K. - Thanks for a good comment, I agree, DOF vs. OOF was a bit of struggle with my pic, windy + handheld and I'm just learning to use macro, so the DOF could have been a bit more wider. But I'm learning. :) Wish I could see your panoramic shot in full printed size.<br>

Ryan A. - Thanks, great candid, you can really see the joy in his eyes.<br>

Dieter S. - Beutiful shot, great use of light and shadow.<br>

Hamish G. - Great retro-style-shot, relly like that one!<br>

Pedro C. - Lovely door, great colors.<br>

Sanford G. - Looks like the fisherman is dancing with his webs. Great capture!<br>

Aaron B. - Lovely curves!<br>

Nina M. - Very powerful shot (and message).<br>

Richard B. - Excellent use of motion blur, just beautiful photo.<br>

Tiffany B. - Great pp'ing, reminds me of the work of Dave McKean.<br>

Bernhard M. - Great colors once again!</p>

<p>Can't wait to see the next weeks WedNEsDAY-thread!</p>

<p>Reading your comments it calls my attention how different people like different styles... probably the pics are written in different languages that are received by their speakers... that`s certainly good. Funny that Eric and Mikhail felt the need of capturing the same green trolleybus... :)</p>

<p><strong>Dieter</strong>, my idea was to show this book like glowing on a dark working table... a bit far from what I got. But the experiment counts. Next time, the subject will be closer, with a more exaggerated perspective and more vignetted I think... funny, when you had just posted your pic I thought "<em>hmmm, we`re on a low-key tendency week... </em>" <strong>Fab</strong>, I like to use the AFS too, but there is something that I miss on it, don`t know what it is, since the first day. I think I will use next times the 24-70, to check if I find a difference.</p>

<p>Janne, Per-Christian, Benjamin, Mikhail, Bernard, Ertugrul, thank you very much for your kind comments.</p>

<p>I`m really conditioned... I think I tend to like that studio or premeditated type of photography (and climbing photos as well!), then <strong>Nina</strong>, <strong>Mike</strong>`s fisheye, <strong>Georg S </strong>flowers and of course <strong>Tiffany</strong>`s birds (wow!) are specially inspiring to me. Congrats to <strong>Ton</strong>, <strong>Chris</strong>, <strong>Matt L</strong>. (I see american bulls can jump -impressive-), <strong>Richard A.</strong>, <strong>Leo</strong>, <strong>Randy</strong>, <strong>Ilkka</strong> and <strong>Richard Boroyov</strong> for your outstanding photos. <em>Thank you all.</em></p>

<p>Great thread as always!<br>

Thanks especially to Lil (always love your entries), Benjamin, Ryan, Georg and Janne for commenting on my shot.<br>

I don't know where to begin so I don't think I'l bother making a list this time. I enjoyed everyones photos. Per Christian, the other thread about your unfortunate photo session with the elg really made me laugh! Good you got him in the end!</p>

<p>Special congratulations to Alex on the birth of your son -- an exciting and wonderful time for your family !</p>

<p>Georg -- thanks for the kind comment.</p>

<p>Delightful photos by the 'Wednesday Gang.' Though I'm just a street snapper, I really enjoy the variety here.</p>

<p>Thank you to anyone who commented on the image of my daughter in her kayak. It is a special time we share together in the early mornings. These are precious moments that I realize as I look at her, will soon be less frequent as she strikes out on her own...like she does in the kayak.<br>

There are so many inspiring and wonderful images here. I look forward to this every week and on Tuesday evening I find myself preparing for early Wednesday...just to participate in this great forum.<br>

Thank you, Jose!<br>

Dick</p>

<p><a href="http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=1663928">Richard Karash</a> thanks for the comment. the sea is rendered smooth due to the long exposure from the nd filter and the foam is from the waves crashing against the rocks.<br>

<a href="http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=4003212">Alex Foto</a> congrats on your new arrival. i imagine your camera will be in overdrive for the next couple of years.<br>

<a href="http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=939631">Colin Mangan</a> thanks colin.<br>

<a href="http://www.photo.net/photodb/user?user_id=5018578">Simon Marshall</a> thanks simon.</p>