Kodak Master 8x10 Replacement Lensboards

michael_kadillak6

I have been attempting to find a replacement Copal #3 lensboard for

my Kodak 8x10 Master camera and am having no luck. Classic Camera in

St Louis used to have them, but they appear to have progressed to an

internet seller and I cannot get them to respond to my questions.

Midwest said that the person that was fabricating them is no longer

doing so. Any suggestions on where I can acquire one (or more)?

Thanks in advance.

okay - searched my own archive:

"I use flat lensboards made for me by Jim Galvin and the existing light trap indentation on the camera is neatly filled with weatherstripping. All you do is put the suitable thickness of weatherstrip in the channel and then secure a flat lensboard to force it to remain and to take shape. It has worked great for me and this may be helpful to those not wanting to take on adapters."

Checked with Stephen Stuart - No Luck.

Midwest, Clayton Camera no longer carry them. Person that was making them bagged it.

Glen View is was to expensive as I do not care about getting an original board.

Richard Ritter's e-mail bounces back. I will try to call him tomorrow.

Should have stocked up when they were available. Bummer.

Michael,

I have made several lens boards for my Kodak Master camera. I used sheet metal stock available at most local home centers. I bought mine at Home Depot. I was lucky to find a piece 6"x24" and just had to cut it to 6" squares,you can use a hack saw or a saber saw with a metal blade, drill the appropriate size hole, round the corners with a file and paint. I also use foam weather stripping on the camera's light trap. Four boards cost me less than ten bucks. If you don't have a drill press and hole saws have them drilled at a machine shop.

• 2 months later...

I found a place that can cut the aluminum to size for you - Metal Supermarkets. They appear to be a franchise operation, you can look up their locations on the web page www.metalsupermarkets.com.

I purchased 8 aluminum squares cut to 6x6, 0.063 inches thick for just over $18.00 Canadian which includes 14 percent taxes. In US dollars you should be looking at around 1$ each.