GIMP Users: Help My Printing

<p>So I've only recently started using GIMP 2.6 and I like it well enough.</p>

<p>I tried printing out some borderless 4x6 snapshots on an Epson 2200 using Vista sp1 32bit, but I can't seem to orient the photo properly. I've used plenty of other programs without issue and with better CM but the fact that I tried several times and couldn't get it right irks me.<br>

I either get either:</p>

<p>1. a small vertical strip on the outer edge, its as if the printer is trying to print the photo off the paper. Purely a fuction of portrait/landscape i believe.</p>

<p>or</p>

<p>2. proper orientation but only 3/4 of the photo is printed, leaving about an inch+ of unprinted paper, looking like a polaroid.</p>

<p>and on none of them could I get borderless printing.</p>

<p>Is there some trick to printing with GIMP? Is that trick not to print with GIMP?</p>

<p>You should select if you want to print in landscape or portrait orientation ...<br>

If you have an image opened in gimp, and you select "File->Print" a Dialogbox comes up ...<br>

in my system (Windows XP) I can select a printer and I can also change printer settings. If I goto printer settings,<br>

I can chose if I wish to print in landscape or in portrait orientation.<br>

After this, I clock ok, and the image is printed as I selected it. If I selected the orientation wrong, the same thing happens that you describe.</p>

<p>But the picture prints incorrectly for both orientations.</p>

<p>And for landscape it prints as if an A4 paper were selected, which its not.</p>

<p>I guess it dosn't really matter. There's probably a good CM'ed printing utility out there that plays fair with printer drivers.</p>