My workflow = not so fabulous,Can anyone help?

missy_kay

<p>I think the "misunderstanding" is that so many people here have bought into Lightroom, and haven't even tried ACDSee Pro, they can't see the advantages of using it, and it's half the cost. If I had to import every batch of photos to work on them as with LR, and then export them somewhere else to get them out of the program, I'd go nuts.</p>

Kay, like you, I work elsewhere Mon-Fri, so it used to take me 3-5 days@3 hrs per day, editing wedding photos in PS CS2. These days I use LR and just as an example, I shot a wedding this weekend, had all the photos whittled down from 560 in total, to 300 ready-for-print images within a total of about 5hrs (2 hrs on Saturday night, 3hrs Sunday afternoon). I think I pulled in about ten images into PS for more customised editing. I actually prefer to do BW conversions in LR as it gives me great control with a more efficient interface.

<p>ACDsee is great but my suggestion is a program called fotostation. What I do is open up all images from a wedding into fotostation and run a slideshow which runs you can move forward and backwards and use the space bar to select the images you like. Once at the end right click on any highlighted image and select Copy/Move makes sure the move boxes is unchecked and choose the location this then creates a "chosen folder" of image reducing wedding images from around 1500 to about 500. I then rotate in ACDsee and import into lightroom. Once imported whit balance and curves can be adjusted and images can also be batch processed by selecting the images and using the "sync settings" tools. <br>

Lightroom does take a lot of getting used to and I do find that I will always re-adjust when album designing in Photoshop, but to get images ready to be seen by client’s lightroom is brilliant and the metadata and keywords features are brilliant.<br>

Ben<br>

MODERATOR NOTE: WEBSITE REMOVED AS PER PHOTO.NET POLICY

</p>