Using wedding photos for personalized products

erin_lyon

<p>I have a client who wants to have her wedding photos turned into a photo blanket (which I think is a great idea and very beautiful way to display/preserve the memories).</p>

<p>My question is: She wants to use one or more and pictures for this blanket (would prefer to design it herself depending on cost). Which would require me giving her the original (large picture files - with all the touch ups). How do I charge her for the pictures/cd? Do I charge her for every picture I put on the cd (as if she was purchasing the copyrights)?</p>

<p>Has anyone else had a client request these personalized products before and how do you go about handling it? Should I charge extra since she will be able to use the pictures for whatever she wants afterwards - and will have the very large original photos on a cd?</p>

<p>I did find a site that would allow me to create the entire blanket design myself (it's called VisionBedding.com) does anyone have experience using this site? This way I could just create the design for my client and charge my design fee, not having to worry about charging her for the individual photos.</p>

<p>Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks!</p>

<p>I would explain exactly what you have here: tell her I could do it myself, letting her proof it, through this supplier (if they dont have pricing online) for this much, or, you can buy the digital file for this much and use it for whatever you want, including prints. Let her choose, just make sure you are making similar money for each method, plus a little if designing and ordering it takes time.</p>