Nikon Camera & Lens, D70 -> D300 Upgrade

arun_parikh

<p>I am using Nikon D70 camera with Nikkor AF, 18-70mm, F3.5/4.5 G ED and AF 28-200mm, F3.5/5.6 G IF-ED lens. I am thinking of buying Nikon D300 body, my question is can I use these two lenses I have on D300? or please suggest good zoom lens either by Nikkor or other brand for D300. I take mostly wedding, portaits and outdoor pictures. Thanks.</p>

<p>Yes, those lenses will work just fine on the D300. <br /><br />But for wedding use, you'll probably want to start thinking about faster lenses. Something like the 17-55/2.8, as well as perhaps a fast prime like the 50/1.8 or the new 35/1.8 AF-S. That 50/1.8 is so inexpensive that I'd consider getting that <em>before</em> getting another body.<br /><br />Your budget will dictate the most rational lens suggestions. Can you give some guidance in that regard?</p>

<p>I did the same upgrade D70->D300. My old kit lens 18-70 works perfectly on the D300, and is my standard walk-around lens.<br>

I agree with Matt; for weddings (and also portraits) you need faster lenses, so you can be creative with smaller depth of field and low-light shooting.</p>