cheap printer recommendation

<p>i'm looking to buy a sketch printer, nothing fancy, and practically with zero budget. i had been www shopping for an epson r285 (i think that r290 in usa, not sure though) and had pretty much decided on that one, but now it seems impossible to find locally.</p>

<p>if you have recommendation on other similarly priced printers, from epson, canon, hp or the likes, i'd very much appreciate to hear...</p>

<p>best<br>

th</p>

<p>Check Frys Electronics and Tiger Direct websites, they have excellent prices on HP and other printers. Ive bought both Cannon and HP printers there, been satisfied with both. Depends on what size printer you want, what the cost is, bought one that would print 13inches wide at Frys... One month before warrantee expired it stopped working. Their repair dept looked at it, could not fix it, gave me a brand new printer with a 5 year warrantee. Cant ask for better service.<br>

When you "sketch printer" what do you mean? <br>

Have never heard that term applied to a printer. </p>

<p>"sketch printer" = one that makes prints that aren't meant to last a lifetime, or be framed expensively, sold etc..</p>

<p>in my case, for making a sketch of a little something i'm working on and can't figure out properly on screen, and would eventually be printed "properly", as well as making a small number of composite cards. nothing that needs high quality printing in other words, and fits within my currently very limited budget ,-)</p>

<p>but thanks for suggestions, if these companies ship internationally, and there are no voltage issues, they just might be as good a bet as one of the locals...</p>

<p>Most printers could fit the category of a "sketch printer" then. <br>

They can be used with re-fillable cartridges or you can refill them youself up to about five times. Some selling cartridges on the Internet actually buy new ones from a manufacturer and fill them, for 10% of the cost of new at retail. So I use my 13" printer for both purposes, using paper I buy at Frys that is less expensive in smaller sizes, etc. Then can use it also for printing with better ultraviolet protected paper and printer manufactures dyes that will last longer for prints that I sell. <br>

Figured it is cheaper to do it this way than have two printers, at least until I won a HP printer for $10 worth of tickets in a raffle. :-) So use that one for "sketch prints."<br>

However as an "Artist" who paints in oils I don't think of my "sketches" as items to last a lifetime or several and will go to grandchildren or great grandchildren.</p>

<p><em>"Most printers could fit the category of a "sketch printer" then"</em></p>

<p>i suppose you're right. perhaps i should have said "budget printer".<br>

i can't edit the posts above though, so "sketch" has to do.</p>

<p>but thanks for your replies. i'll look into if buying from the us is a good idea (thinking mostly about the V issue).</p>

<p>Probably whatever 100$ ipxxxx printer Canon has for around a 100$. I've had an ip4300 for several years as a proof printer, using Canon ink and paper on a color managed system and it has not failed to produce nice letter-size prints.</p>