Nikon WedNEsDAy PiC #25

jose_angel

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>

<p>I shot this on Monday evening (and I shot alot) the wind was incedible as usual in the late afternoon early evening. From the comments from the surfers (wind and kite) the water was freezing. No kidding the emerald colour is from glaicer melt. burrrr . <br>

Nikon D300 70- 300 lens ISO 640 F7.1 I do believe I should up the iso and use a smaller f.<br>

As usual the wednesday thread is very inspireing<br>

Ton great shot.</p>

</p><div>00TgFm-145141684.jpg.5e6f86c459c93d1b848052df998d3552.jpg</div>

<p>A straight-up scenic shot for me today. Taken near the tiny no-services settlement of "Greenland" between Colorado Springs and Denver, during one of the few weeks of the year when it lives up to its name. I've always wanted to capture this mesas-and-monuments topography photographically but have not found it easy to do.</p><div>00TgGG-145145584.jpg.aa36a8d5658d5319721c51ca8d040bd6.jpg</div>

<p>First time posting here, inspired by all the talent!<br>

Today I especially appreciate:<br>

@Susan Wolfe - Your attention to the detail (a frog) in what would have been an easily overlooked photo, great eye!<br>

@ Bogdan Nicolescu - Something as simple as a door, leaves me in wonder, "What's behind that door?"<br>

@Phil Burt - A simple pic made especially beautiful with use of B&W<br>

And me, I was just glad to have the camera with me when picking up my son from Russian School. The natural lighting did all the finishing making it look better than my eye could see.<br>

Nikon D80 18-105 VR @ 48mm (equiv) f4.2 ISO 640 (not sure how it came out that high?)</p><div>00TgGo-145147684.jpg.2d798fa8acfb2e288e90187b19e1750e.jpg</div>

<p>Taken at Beckenham Cemetary on Sunday, very bright sunshiny day. Slighty cropped, considered pp but I like the strong colours.<br>

- My favourite this week is Ken's photo, when you scroll down it makes the picture look like animation.<br>

D80, 18-70mm, 1/50s, f18, iso 100</p><div>00TgHv-145161584.jpg.8b3c503c740d73fd186ca065cb8bba6f.jpg</div>

<p>Paul, Colleen, thank you for the mention. Paul, I would love to try the nighttime photo with D700 soon. Colleen, the animation effect was not my intention but interesting side-effect. I like the composition, color of the sky, and DOF of yours, too.<br>

Mitch, nice capture of the tradition! I am going over there late next month to visit our family cemetery. <br>

I like many others - nature/animal photos are always my favorite while Matt L. motorcycle and Michael M. Blue Angels are stunning. I love this thread and it makes me go out with camera bag every weekend. Good for my health, too, I guess :-)<br>

Ken</p>

<p>All very Nice shots,<br /> like <strong>Jose', Rene', Lil, Aaron, Alejandro, Chris, Hamish, Shun (</strong> finally one from Shun<strong>), Dieter, Jeffrey, Wayne, Tom, Sasvata, David and Colin</strong> .<br /> Here is one from me<br /> 1/2500 sec @ f/4 ISO 400.</p><div>00TgM2-145209584.jpg.446987eafb28cfc5888ebb05f48a76c3.jpg</div>

<p>All wonderful, but, Jose: I can almost smell the rain. Rene: great stop action on the water. Ton: unforgetable portrait. Mikhail: endlessly fascinating. Andy: nice perspective. Alejandro: good composition. Joseph: great portrait. Chris: the texture! Lex: 30 seconds? How did you do it? Dieter: He's focused like a laser. David: excellent long exposure. Eric: I like the mic shadow. Elliot: unexpected subjects. Ken: You had me fooled. Richard: great backlighting. Justin: interesting faces and lights. Pedro: thanks for the details. I learned a lot. Dennis: body language. Robert: nice eyes. Jim: there's a tattoo with the same pose! Benjamin: he thinks you can't see him? Dan: happy moment. Sasvata: superb sharpness. Phil: strangely fascinating. Matt: perfect lighting and composition. Paul: another low light miracle. Doug: awesome colors. Don: excellent bridal portrait. Keith: great light and expression. Mitch: love the kids and the colors. Adey: is that dangerous?!</p>