Going to Toronto

rnt

<p>I'll be in Toronto for a couple of days over the 4th of July holiday weekend (my holiday, not theirs). Can anyone give me a rundown of places to photograph, things to see, caveats, etc in the Toronto area?</p>

<p>I've heard good things about the islands, and some posters claim that the Toronto populace is particularly camera-wary.</p>

<p>What kind of shots are you looking for? Toronto has an extensive ravine system preserved after the 1950's Huricane Hazel if you are looking for nature. Definatly go to Kensington Market because it is an unplanned cityscape and still has its immigrant feeleing. More info? contact me.</p>

<p>Thanks everybody for the tips...</p>

<p>Danny, what do you mean by "As long as you realize you are not in US anymore you will be fine". Should I not wear a fanny pack and shorts? Speak loudly? Express an opinion? Put catsup/ketchup on my steak? What? I -do- try to blend in... :-)</p>

<p>I know it's a bit cheesy, but it's well worth going up the CN Tower. The view is great. There are a number of good markets. It's definitely worth wandering through China Town. Thought the "historic" distillery district was overrated but loved the Toronto Islands.</p>

<p>I have a <a href="http://www.zx81.org.uk/travel/canada-2005.html">blog post about my visit</a>.</p>

<p>I agree - the "historic" distillery district is VERY overrated. An interesting place to waste a few hours but not too much photographic ops compared to the rest of the city.<br>

To OP - if you are from a small town then the business district could be of interest as there are some interesting office towers that might of interest. City hall is nice.<br>

<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/phil_marion/sets/72157601843446536/">http://www.flickr.com/photos/phil_marion/sets/72157601843446536/</a></p>

<p>Welcome to Toronto!!<br>

Go visit The Toronto Eaton Centre (shopping mall) downtown. Stand on the street corner at Yonge & Dundas in the middle of downtown Toronto. This is something to experience if you stand around long enough to realize what is happening.<br>

Suggestions: Harbourfront Centre, Pacific Mall (Large chinese shopping mall), Casa Loma, Toronto Zoo, Edward's Garden/Toronto Botanical Garden, "The Beach", High Park, Scenic walk at the Mount Pleasant Cemetary (Yonge/Davisville subway station)</p><div>00TiOK-146409584.thumb.jpg.525a9d641992b53b642a951b57ffe160.jpg</div>

<p>Beware!!! People might get upset when you take photos of them without their permission. Especially people with pets or children. They get offended because they don't know you and don't want their photo on the internet. People want their privacy especially on public transit (TTC).</p>