I got a spare battery for my Epson RD-1s!

Alex_Es

<p>It took years of searching. Finally, yesterday, I met with success. I got a spare battery for my Epson RD-1s. I went to Yodobashi Camera in Umeda, Osaka. It took about 45 minutes before the very helpful but initially bewildered staff got the battery for me. (I think I am the first to have asked for one.) With my point card I only had to about half of the c. 5000 yen price. This is the first time any camera shop had a battery that would work for an RD-1.</p>

<p>I also asked if they might have the new grip for the RD-1x. Uh-uh. Good old Epson was making none separately available.</p><div>00TcEO-142771784.JPG.f347021c1436039e2538e26086f05089.JPG</div>

<p>Alex,<br>

Great that you found a source for your battery, but since these batteries aren't flying off the shelves, I'd be concerned about the production date <strong>and</strong> on shelf storage time. What's the production date on your new battery?</p>

<p>It is a common Fuji and Kodak battery used on camcorders and digitals.</p>

<p>Ie Epson RD-1; Fuji; Kodak; Toshiba; Casio; Leica; Ricoh<br>

<br /> Fuji NP-80 .<br>

<br /> Kodak KLIC-3000</p>

<p>Type in " NP-80 " on ebay and there are 318 hits</p>

<p>Here I have two Epson and One Fuji and one Kodak; one generic for my RD-1<br>

<br /> I also have a 12DC car/lighter charger that charges NP-80's; and a spare ac adapter too.<br>

<br /> The ma level of batteries vary around 1300 to 1700 ma<br>

<br /> a Li-ion battery should be stored at 1/2 charge; not full.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>No production date. Assume its new as I've ask about this battery before at Yodobashi. Searched for generics in vain. Thanks for the advice about storing at half-charge. Good excuse to take the RD-1a for a spin.</p>

<p>I bought one from the Matsuiya Store online last year. I haven't checked their website recently as to continued availability, since when I bought a second body (used), it came with two Epson batteries. I have had mixed experiences with generics, with the bad outweighing the good. From reading posts here, and on other websites, other people have had better experiences (and a few worse.)</p>

<p>J. Martin;<br /> Do you "consider" the batteries that fit an Epson RD-1 labeled; Fuji; Kodak; Canon; Casio, Sony etc to be "generic" since they do not have "Epson" decal on them?<br /> Or are you "considering" a generic to be a no name battery?<br /> The battery is also used on Canon printers too; and many Cam Corders.<br /> Thus instead of focusing on just an Epson battery; one can just use the same form fit and function battery from Fuji; Kodak; Canon; Casio, Sony; Duracell; Leica; Rayovac; , Sanyo, Maxell, Kyocera, Helios, Energizer, Uniross, Digipower, Sakar, Sunpak; Varta etc.<br>

<br /> <a href="http://www.en.varta-consumer.com/content.php?path=/1085672505_1.html&&domain=www.en.varta-consumer.com">Thus a Varta P32</a> ; will work on ones Epson RD-1; or many dozens of dozen plus still and cam corders; or many canon printers too.</p>

<p>The battery is use in many camera brands. ie Sony, Fuji, Polaroid, Epson, Kodak ,Ricoh, Casio, Toshiba,</p>

<p>I guess I am abit baffled as why an Ebay auction for an Epson RD-1 battery has gone for over 100 bucks; when one can buy other great name brand fresh batterys for the RD-1 for as low as 5 bucks on ebay; often dozens are at 15 to 20 bucks level with great names like Fuji and Sony.<br>

<br /> Walmart had some once in the Kodak brand; and even the Sony brand too. Now some carry in in Energizer.<br /> I bought a Sony battery at a Walmart in podunk USA in the clearance area for 5 bucks and it works fine with my RD-1; they switch vendors and blow out the older vendors stuff in the fire sale area.<br>

<br /> ***** This battery has 24 different battery/camera name brands it is marketed under.*****<br>

<br /> One has the MAXELL DC3711, the POLAROID PR-101DG , SANYO UR-21, one could be a Brett Farve Wisconsin fan and use a Ray-O Vac RV-DC2800.<br>

<br /> One could make one's Epson RD-1 abit more "Leica Like" and just use a real Leica battery; a Leica Digilux Zoom Battery!:)<br>

<br /> Or one could use a BP-12A3-C Vivanco Battery;<br>

<br /> or a new brand name like ENERGIZER; maybe generic? :) with a ER-D200 from a new company called Walmart? They are abit pricey on Walmart.com; ie about 40 bucks</p>

<p>Kelly, they all had names -- but not "brand names" like you mentioned. I will say that the generic from B&H -- CTA, I think -- worked well until it died a gentle and natural death. The annoying, but no harm, ones resulted from a reorder of a battery that had worked well. The reordered ones were duds, just not lasting very long. The one that led me back to the name brand, and I do take your point that there is nothing magical about the Epson name on the battery (although I could do with the cachet of the Leica name), caused the shutter to freeze while everything else seemed to be still powered on. I was able to reset things, maybe too much (the total number of exposure counter reset). As I said, I bought the one extra Epson-branded one from Matsuyiastore, and then got two more when I bought my second camera -- so I'm okay for a while. If I do need one in the future, I will consider your recommendations.</p>