is this flare?

menashe_soffer

<p>look at the milky tone in the shaded part of the boat.<br>

this is an example; I keep getting similar results with my ARAX-60. I have two lenses and I get this fault with both. luckily I dont encounter this problem with other camera.<br>

any idea hat will help to spot the problem is welcomed.</p><div>00TbnB-142515584.thumb.jpg.0d8b624e83bea9c5cfe790b07f1c1fba.jpg</div>

<p>Yes this is lens flare. Many lenses will suffer from this problem when the sun is directly in the frame, as it is with your example. The best solution is to a) move the composition so that the flare spots are somewhere pleasing (b) wait for a cloud to move over the sun © re-compose with the sun out of the frame and use your hand or a piece of card to ensure that the lens is hooded correctly - you can tell this if the lens shade casts a shade over the entire front element of the lens.</p>

<p>Yes. This is a feature of most if not all super-wide and fisheye lenses. There is little you can do if a very bright light source is inside the frame. However, do not use filters, because the will make this issue worse.</p>

• 2 years later...