5D MII Picture Preview Problem

nima_m

<p>Hi there,</p>

<p>I bought a new body 2 months ago, and have taken about 1200 pictures since then. About 3 weeks ago I noticed something wasn't quite right when I was previewing my pictures on the LCD.</p>

<p>I would press the "play" button to show me the pictures I've shot already, but after a split second, the image would be gone from the LCD. After pressing "play" again, the same thing would happen. I would then power cycle the camera and try again, and it would work fine. But, again, it would do this later on. I have tried 2 different brand CF cards, and the issue is still happening.</p>

<p>I'm wondering if this is a known issue, or if it is grounds to take back to retailer and send in for repairs.<br>

(Camera has been handled with care)</p>

<p>Thank you for your input,</p>

<p>Nima</p>

<p>Nima, I don't have a 5D Mk II (yet - workin' on it), but if the functions are similar to the 20D, there should be a menu selection that allows changing the length of time the image stays on the LCD. You should be able to find it in the manual's index.</p>

<p>Try that, and if changing the settings has no effect then, yes, it should go back to the retailer.</p>

<p>Reset the PRAM: remove mains and backup batteries and let sit a few minutes. Reinstall and test. Usually fixes my computers, cellphones and cameras. If that doesn't fix it, you need Canon Service.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>This is a known and common problem: pressing the DoF preview button returns the camera to the read to shoot state. Since you hold the camera with the lens down when chimping, you tend to have a hand somewhere near the DoF preview button. Oops.</p>

<p>The latest version of the firmware disables the DoF preview button during playback.</p>