5d mk II-exposure differences in a burst

jwalk

<p>I have noticed as I take 3, or even 2 picture burst with my 5d mkII that the exposure changes from picture to picture throughout the burst. The first picture in the burst seems to be the brightest and then the following one or two pictures are darker. This indicates to me that the shutter actually speeds up slightly through the burst instead of remaining a constant speed for each picture. Just in case you were thinking it, NO I did not have the auto-bracketing feature on.<br>

Has anyone else found this to be true with their 5D mkII? Should I be concerned? Does this mean it needs a shutter overhaul? Thanks for your help. JW</p>

<p>What does EXIF say? EXIF data will tell you the exact shutter speed for each exposure...<br>

What are you photographing, a static scene or something dynamic, like a moving object..?</p>

<p>I think the most logical thing is what Bob said. The pictures were taken in an artificial lighting situation. I haven't tried a burst or noticed a burst in natural light that has this problem. Thanks for the answers everyone.<br>

JW</p>

<p>I assume you don't have AEB set. I shoot quite a lot of JPEG sequences with my 5D II. Oudoors this is ski racing and while the exposure settings will change (in Tv) as the skier moves in and out of shadows (there are usually trees along the side of the run) the pictures tend to look fairly similar - i.e. a good result for the metering. Indoors they are kids ice hockey and here while the camrea settings also change the shots vary quite a lot whith some being underexposed and some over exposed. Where possible I try to shoot RAW in these conditions as you have more chance of recovering a poor exposure.</p>