Mamiya Six rear element

dan_gover

<p>Having recently accuired a Mamiya SIX at aution, not the bay. Upon inspection and during the cleaning process the rear element came into question. The back face of the lens has a haze in a cresent shape, I'm assuming this is caused by element separation does not apear to be fugus,however the rear of the element does have some pits as viewed w/ 10x loop. Question being is there any known resources for a replacement or perhaps a remanufactured unit. The camera is in really goog mechanical shape and would be a real prize after a restoration. Any toughts would be a great help.</p>

<p>I think you'd really need to find a complete lens, rather than just a single element.</p>

<p>Having said that, I'd just clean the lens as best I could, then run a roll or two through the camera. You'll probably notice no ill effects, unless you are shooting into or nearly into the sun, in which case a sun shade may help (personally, I rarely use a shade on my folders).</p>

<p>Which lens is it? Hopeully it is the 75mm which is somewhat ubiquitous. <br /> <br /> My M6 and first 75mm lens came from E-Bay. There was some light spider fungus in between rear elements. It would have to go back Mamiya most likely for a cleaning or simply replacement of the affected elements. I didn't think it was financially worth it, so kept on shooting with it.<br /> <br /> I also have a pristine 75mm lens and frankly do not see much difference between the output of the two.</p>