solution for PX625 ???

I've had bad expierences with the Wein cells. As soon as you peel open the sealing tape on the Wein cels, they star to dischage. I've NEVER gotten the 6 month life out of them as claimed (and the cell causes at least a 1 stop error). More like two weeks (in a Spotmactic).

There are only two real solutions.

1. Find real mercury cells. They are getting VERY hard to find but they are still out there. Expect toi pay $8 each or so.

2. Have the meter rebuilt with new resistor arrays to match the 1.5v batteries. I just had my wife's OM-1 meter rebuilt this way by Camtech. Simply "adjusting" the meter to use 1.5v does NOT work.

See:

http://www.hometown.aol.com/drwyn/myhomepage/index.html

http://www.zuiko.com/PAGE9.HTML

Most cameras and meters do not require replacing the resistors, as they are adjustable enough to be converted to 1.5v---however, it must be done by someone who knows what they're doing. Simply resetting the ISO based on a test reading is not enough, because the response is not linear (the discrepancy differs according to the light level). I don't know anything about Olypmuses but I have a very hard time believing that they require resistor replacement while all the others I've encountered do not.

That said, the CRIS adaptor is a fine solution for most cases. Once the camera needs a CLA anyway it's cheaper to have it recalibrated and then use the sizing washer from a Wein Cell and fit an MS76 inside it.

Somewhere (maybe Classic Camera Repair Forum) I have seen a suggestion to use 675 zinc/air hearing aid batteries (@ about $1.00 each) as a

substitute with a short length of 18 ga. insulated wire wrapped around

to center the battery. Also have seen a suggestion to only expose

some of the air holes (in cameras which need them for meters only)

in zinc/air cells to prolong the battery life.