overheating mains flash?

<p><br mce_bogus="1"></p>

I have a problem with mains flash. I use Bowens and MultiBlitz. Both brands work fine for one or two hours

intensive use. Then they start to give problems. The MultiBlitzes shuts off for a half hour or so and then works

again. The Bowenses start to work intermittently. When I test the next day they work fine. This may be

overheating. I live in Malawi, with a tropical climate. However I have not noticed any difference between hot and

cool seasons, the problem remains.

Is overheating mains flash common?

I tried lowering flash levels, turning off modeling lights, working in an airconditioned place if possible, using

a different style of working (slower photographing with more contemplation). I am not sure how effective these

are. Does anybody know a better solution? (Does it help to buy more expensive brands? Are certain brands better

in a tropical situation?)

<p>It's very common, particularly at extended runs of full power discharges. The mere fact that most mains flashes (the better ones, certainly) have fans should tell you that they can need a lot of cooling, depending on the duty cycle.<br>

Certainly your suggestions of turning off the modeling lights, lowering the power, fewer flashes, airconditioning the environment will all help.</p>

<p><!-- @page { size: 21cm 29.7cm; margin: 2cm } P { margin-bottom: 0.21cm } -->

<p >Arjen, I don't think your questions have been answered to the extend that you can arrive at a practical solution to your problem. If you think there is a need for more precise info tell us which models of Bowens+Multiblitz and the type light formers you use.</p>

<p >Hans</p>

</p>