Can not move open image freely in CS3 Extended

<p>I have been using CS2 for several years now and have not had any issues but was able to pick up CS3 Extended for a dirt cheap price a few days ago. It works great and is fairly similar except for one major difference which has become an issue that I do not like at all.<br>

When using CS2 I could open an image to work on and could drag it all over the work space, including <em>on top of the tool bar at the top of the work space - the bar that has File, Edit, Image, Layer, etc</em>. In CS2 when dragging an image around the work space it would go under the left and right side pallets which is normal, but on top of the tool bar which was nice because I could then expand the size of the image to the whole 22 inch monitor screen for viewing and for using the left and right pallets, which float on top of the image (but can be minimized).<br>

With CS3 Extended, when I open and image and drag it around the work space, the image goes under the left and right pallets just like CS2, however, it abruptly stops when it hits the bottom of the top tool bar - it will not let my image ride over the tool bar like CS2 will. This now prevents me from expanding my image view, and working size, unlike CS2. <br>

Several years ago my CS2 photoshop instructor told us of a hot key or shortcut fix to allow the image to over ride the top tool bar move all over the work space and for the life of me I can not remember how to do this.<br>

SUGGESTIONS ANYONE ?<br>

Thanks </p>

<p>TAB key to make pallets disappear. F key to change workspace. Multiple hits gets different results including making everything disappear except the picture.</p>

<p>The help section contains all the shortcuts. Open help, put keyboard shortcut in search. </p>

<p>Those hints do not solve my question. Like I said, in CS2 I can drag an image up and over the top tool bar and in CS3 I can not. The image hits the bottom of the top tool bar and stops. It still freely moves all around the work area, just not over the top bar. Now, I do like the "Tab" hint which causes the pallets to disappear along with the bottom half of the top bar becasue if I roll my pointer over the extreme left or right side of the work area those pallets reappear for use and then disappear. That is something I was not aware of and will use. But I still would like to know why CS2 lets me drag and image over the tool bar while CS3 does not.</p>

<p>CS3 is not exactly the same breed of cat as CS2. There are always changes with each new edition, some of which we may not like. Personally, I would not want the image covering the top tool bar because I use the top tool bar.</p>

<p>Anyway, it's academic for me. My solution: Get a second monitor, calibrate it, and use it to display the image while all the pallets and toolbars are all on the first monitor. Problem solved.......</p>

<p>Peter,<br>

Yes, I cycled through the "F" key and not the upper F1 - F12 keys. I know it is not a big deal but when you get used to something you would think that the "upgrades" in the PhotoShop series would include this. I just got used to being able to drag my images to the top of my monitor and then expand them to the entire size of my monitor with the floating pallets on top, therefore my "working space" was not limited by the top tool bar. If I wanted to see my tool bar to open an image (without hitting a hot key) all I had to do was simply drag my image down a bit to uncover my top tool bar.</p>