E-Session Wyland Wall

jeff_keplinger

<p>The wall is likely © Copyright 200_ by Mr. Wyland. He is a well-known artist who makes his living by selling his art. You should at least include notice that the wall (a large part of your image) is indeed copyrighted by Mr. Wyland.</p>

<p>Chances are very good you would not be happy if Mr. Wyland chose to take your image to 'advertise' his art and not give you any © Copyright 2009 credit. Agree?</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Jeff, the problem with this image is that the people and their relationship to each other is itty bitty. I much prefer the image that you posted for POW although it has some problems as well.</p>

<p>Betty, while it is a public wall there are indeed circumstances where shooting with recognizable public landmarks may be protected. In this case, for these purposes though I think Jeff is safe.</p>

<p>Thanks David. I didn't think using a public site would be a copyright infringement. I hope to be posting more photos for comments, but would like one on the POW if it is appropriate under this thread.<br>

BTW, I grew up on the north side -- Elk Grove Village, and am still a Cubs fan. :)</p>

<p> </p><div>00TTuK-138295684.jpg.d0c698fc00b45aa2128829bdafd79061.jpg</div>

<p>Betty - Sorry, but the whole copyright thing is a big deal, especially in big cities where they have a vested interest in their landmarks and such. The kicker usually is when a photographer is either using one of those big pro lens' or busting out the tripod. As for the Wyland wall image posted by the op, as soon as Jeff posted this image on the internet it became a marketing piece for his photography, now whether it constituted a copyright violation, I don't really know but giving credit where credit is due generaly keeps most artists somewhat pacified. CYA rules the day!</p>

<p>Put it into the critique forum like everyone else. There is nothing particularly weak or strong about this image, so I'm not surprised you haven't got much feedback.<br>

Or put it on the wedding forums on Flickr and ask for C+C.</p>

<p>Hi Jeff, Elk Grove and a Cubbie fan, huh...........I tend to favor the Sox since I'm out in the SW burbs but I'll make the trek up North if someone's got the tickets.</p>

<p>I'd suggest that you start a new thread with the image that you submitted for the POW requesting C&C, I'm sure you'll get some replies....and I promise to give you a thoughtful critique.</p>