Are there any Strobist/Joe McNally type sites focusing on Canon Flash

jc_stark_arts

<p>Picked up the hot shoe diaries this week from a friend and while the knowledge is very helpful I am glad I didn't buy it. Not because I don't like Joe or the writing but because it is all soooooooo Nikoncentric.<br>

I've been doing pretty well playing with a 580II and a 550 and an STE2 and just got my hands on the new Pocket Wizards but every single Strobist type article I read seems to be Sb800 this or Sb900 that....<br>

Any help?<br>

thanks<br>

JC</p>

<p>I went through the strobist site just fine even with the Nikon examples, because it's all manual flash. When it's manual, there is no technique difference between Nikon and Canon.</p>

<p>I'm going to recommend manual for off-camera multiple-flash work every time.</p>

<p>i'm a nikon shooter, but as far as i can tell, they never really mention their camera setups. they use pocket wizards and from midwest photo exchange you can get some nice kits that work with cables or radio triggers. they have some cheap manual only flashes that work with any system. the techniques never refer to the body type. i actually use nikon's great CLS which talks wirelessly to my sb900, so i can achieve the same results with a wireless setup right now but i pay a price for it. i may switch to the cable variety and sell my sb900 so i can afford more flashes. besides the point really. sorry. but strobist site itself never uses the CLS so all techniques are easily grafted onto a canon setup. just go out and enjoy flash photography.</p>

<p>Will Crockett has some decent articles about flash on Shootsmarter.com. I went to a seminar he gave in Palo Alto a couple of weeks ago sponsored by Bogen. I found it very informative. He either had or has one coming up at B&H in New York. </p>