Show us your DA 18-55 pics...

joe_jackson4

<p>Good to see the trusty kit lens being used, chaps... It really is a handy little bit of, erm, kit, isn't it? And, as Somanna's shots show, it has a useful close-up capability...</p>

<p>Let's face it, with the DA 18-55 you get a very convenient, lightweight, well-designed lens. For peanuts... :) I mean, the price difference here is typically only 50€ over the body price... And sometimes it's precisely 0€, because I've seen more than one retailer charge exactly the same price for the body+lens kit as for the body only... Hmm... :)</p>

<p>OK, something happened on that last post! :-?</p>

<p>I'm a little late but I guess it's better late than never.<br>

This picture I shot with the Pentax K10d, Pentax 18-55mm @F/11. On the way to this location, I saw a small tornado on one side and a large thunderstorm on the other side. These storms were miles away, so there was no real danger.</p><div>00TMqm-134827584.jpg.ae402d530b0c9ce8032c6b41f1191a52.jpg</div>

<p>Great shots all of you! You guys just caused me to rationalize a bargain purchase at Ritz over the lunch hour... Now I have a lightweight zoom that I can shoot with on my K100D (and let my kids shoot with when they are older) that is much less expensive and less fragile than my DA 18-250. Ritz had a shelf of the of the DA 18-55 for $39.60 a pop!</p>