EF-S prime, say, between 9 to 12mm ...

jim_rais

<p align="justify">Not meant to "fuel" discussion prime vs. zoom, but I think it will be nice if there's also a EF-S prime - say between 9 to 12mm - for prime fanatics, despite the 10-22 good quality. Just a thought (and wishful thinking). </p>

<p>The Sigma 8mm is a circular fisheye for full frame bodies.</p>

<p>I have a Nikon 14/2.8, the equivalent EF-S to Canon's 14/2.8, would have to be a 8.5mm rectilinear lens. For ultrawide photography you are always better off with the largest format that you can afford.</p>

<p>I'd like to "second the motion." I have the 10-22 and like it a lot. But it is too big, too heavy, and not great in low light without a tripod. In fact, I am so interested in having a bright, high-quality wide-angle prime lens (my ideal focal length would be somewhere around 14 or 15), that I am considering selling ALL of my Canon gear and changing to the Pentax system, as I will never have an interest in "full size" sensor DSLR. </p>

<p>Bill, second-hand Pentax dSLRs are so inexpensive that adding a K10D and one or two lenses should not break the bank. But I am too considering fully abandoning Canon as Pentax' in-body stabilization is so good and useful for me. Even the "old" K10D has so many useful features that I miss on my EOS 20D that it is becoming my main camera.</p>

<p>This is guarenteed to be a lens that Canon won't make. Canon is working hard to destinguish its pro (read FF and L) gear from its amatuer stuff (read APS-C and EF-S). So my guess is it won't be issuing any more EF-S primes. Pity really.<br>

Even the EF-S 60 macro was in my view a mistake as it probably would have sold much better if they had spent a little more and made it FF.</p>