where to get medium format infra red film

I've used all three films, Konica 750, HIE and Maco 820. I stopped using konica because of unacceptable high contrast, not enough IR effect and high fog levels. I didn't like the grain of HIE, although it has great IR effects and can be used with a range of filters.

I purchased an old press camera just to shoot 4x5 HIE a week before Kodak anounced it was discontinuing HIE in 4x5 (bummer). I settled on Maco because it works quite nicely with 72, and 87 filters(there is NO IR effect with visible light filters), gives a good, but not extreme IR effect, the contrast is close to normal, it is economical compared to HIE, and the grain is better than HIE. MACO is a good compromise between the other two films. YMMV

For what it's worth, Ilford SFX and Konica 720 are not "infrared" films; rather, they're daylight monochrome films that have an extended sensitivity to red (meaning they "see" some IR but still must have some visible light, i.e. through a Hoya R72, Wratten 87, or similar non-opaque filter).

The bonus is that they are a lot easier to load and unload -- no worries about loading in complete darkness.