Epson Exhibition Fiber and 2880 - bad color

<p>I just got a box of Exhibition Fiber yesterday and the first print was an absolute disaster. I downloaded the Pixel Genius profile that Epson links to through their site. The shot is of a local creek on a sunny February day. All of the browns have a terrible red cast to them. It seems to be specific to this paper as four other papers gave me a nice print, exactly what was on the profiled monitor. the file name of the profile is: SPR2880_EFP_PK_5760 I double checked the download to make sure this was the correct profile. I looked in the archives to see if anyone else has experienced this problem and couldn't find any comments. I also printed some B&W prints using the Epson ABW driver and they were fine with good tonal gradation.</p>

<p>Anyone else have this problem. FWIW, the other papers that gave fine color prints were Ilford Gold Fibre (my favorite), Epson Ultra Premium Luster, and Red Rive Arctic Satin. all of these are substantially less expensive than the Epson paper. I hope there is some simple explanation because at $2 per sheet, these results are not acceptable.</p>

<p>I haven't yet printed color with this combo, and yes B&W is great.</p>

<p>I know Pixel Genius says to set the driver to "Premium Luster Photo Paper" or "Premium Luster Photo Paper (260)", as does <a href="http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/printers/exhibition-fiber.shtml">this early review </a>of EFP.</p>

<p>But the instruction sheet that came with my EFP stated to use the Premium Glossy setting (maybe only without a profile? - it's what I used with ABW).</p>

<p>This may not affect the color of course though.</p>