Doug - the center of the flower is surreal<br>

Robert - again, beautiful model and great lighting<br>

Gary - exceptional textures and bokeh</p>

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Great pics again on this Wednesday from everyone!</p>

<p>Winter. It came back. For a half a day at least, until spring claimed the day back to itself. This pic was shot on a Saturday morning. On Friday evening there was no snow in sight, but on a Saturday morning I woke up to a white glow from outside. On my way to work I picked up my trusted D50 from my bag and shot quite a few shots of the snowy scenery - and missed my bus. Somehow I managed to catch my train, and finally got to work in time and even had some time to take a few more photos of the snow. This was shot at the railway station near my workplace.</p>

<div>00T8wt-127431984.jpg.3bc6e53ee9b5912a2a41ea384c59d204.jpg</div>

<p>paul b, love the VIP shot. <br>

scott pogorelc, i think you nailed that exposure.<br>

richard armstrong, great contrast and comp. lovely landscape.<br>

bruce margolis, wonderfully detailed image. i was born in scotland and took my first trip up there for twenty years last autumn. it's such a beautiful country.<br>

dennis, that bread looks so nice.<br>

chris court, fantastic place to have on your doorstep.<br>

lil judd, that's a great shot.<br>

thanks for the nice comments on my owl pic. just so you know the owl was a captive bird. the falconer also had an european eagle owl, golden eagle and a red tailed hawk.<br>

cheers, gary.</p>

<p>Wow, another wonderful wednesday.</p>

<p>That's a great shot Joe, Pedro's too. Gotta love the colors. Wish I could see such colors around my community. Interesting perspective Johannes, that picture brought back some good college memories. Chris, that's a "wish I was there" kind of picture, seriously. Tolga, there was a certain feeling about your picture, then I read the description... Pan F 50, I still have a can of Pan F 50 in my fridge. Chemistry's long gone though...</p>

<p>Here's my entry, a fountain at the local government offices...</p><div>00T91A-127467584.jpg.571ef5780bca81376218ed5b4b67b1e2.jpg</div>

<p>Hello everyone!<br>

An interesting mixture of photographs - as always. Some favorites (to name just a few) are:<br>

Joses abandoned street-cafe (great use of DOF - and I love these colors),<br>

Pauls sheep (not sure if this is a strange association, but I thought about Woody Allens „Everything you always...“),<br>

Richards Red Rock Canyon (did you use a polarizer or a graduated ND?),<br>

Johannes guitar-string (I love the harsh contrast - suits the subject perfectly),<br>

Toms leafs (perfect use of DOF - F90X and HP5, my favorite combo in the 90s),<br>

Monikas rails (another great capture with a fast 50 - which version did you use?) and <br>

M FKs chinese (?) food (but I think if the cup in the left corner would be a bit more to the right the picture would be more balanced).</p>

<p>Last week I've tried hard to use the fabulous 14-24 not as much as before and had real problems finding the right alternative viewpoint and corresponding focal-length. So I'm not really happy with many shots.<br>

The picture below was shot with the Ais 50/1.2 wide open - unfortunately I've destroyed it's great bokeh capabilities during post-processing. <br>

Just a note for Nikon-Capture NX2-users: the latest version is able to remove axial color aberrations - but in this case I preferred the water-droplets to show up as „diamonds“.<br>

Happy shooting everyone, georg.</p>

<div>00T91O-127469584.jpg.dcad20e6f3143c7e64eec8760806fd92.jpg</div>

<p>Happy Earth Day to all! So many wonderful images. Paul..the goat in the car is wonderful. Definitely an "I wish I had my camera" moment. Here is my contribution...one of the many reasons that I try to be a steward here on our beautiful and fragile planet. D300 sigma 2.8 24mm</p><div>00T93c-127491584.jpg.da46fa3494c838e1c15574fd0623b11c.jpg</div>

<p>I've started a van conversion project that is pushing the limits of my work space. This was meant mostly for documentation but since it's the only thing I've shot this week... The piece on the table is foam ceiling tile being covered in fabric and batting.</p>

<p>D90, 16-85mm @16mm, internal flash 1/2, 1/200, f/8, ISO 320</p><div>00T94N-127501584.jpg.9c2ec330c54d6adb8de40b2018a2a3f8.jpg</div>

<p>Wow, great work everyone. I don't even want to make a list. Great and creative shots. Sorry my entry is a little late but I had report cards due. I shot this on my visit to the Bronx Zoo.<br>

D300 Sigma 70-200 f/2.8<br>

200mm f/10 @1/160s ISO 200 handheld.</p><div>00T94X-127503584.jpg.d168cba3367090596500acdd78425b1b.jpg</div>

<p>Georg S, no filters on my Sigma 10-20 mm for the Red Rock shot. I have found that the dynamic range of the D300 with proper exposure and post processing a RAW image makes the use of ND filters unnecessary. But, I'm also certain that I just haven't run into the lighting and exposure challenge where they will help.<br>

Thank you, Gary for the comment and for explaining your owl shot...which is very nice!<br>

Dick</p>

<p>Ok so here goes... , maybe not with my best of the week but with the one that gives a the best impression for the kinds of scenes I was enjoying all the time while in Jordan. This is taken from the ancient Roman city at Jerash, showing the gorgeous springtime flowers combining with a small section of the ruins and beyond the city of Amman on the hillsides. Literally everywhere you turn in this country there is this combination of amazing antiquity, then the modern Arab city life, and then beautiful natural surrounds.</p>

<p>Can I just say once again how brilliant the work displayed on this thread is. Well done guys and it is an absolute pleasure to see such beautiful things every week.</p>