Repair of OM10

thermionicist

<p>The other day I got my OM 10 out and shot a roll or two. I forgot how much I enjoyed it. Unfortunately it's had a lot of wear and tear over the past 30 years and could use some TLC. <br>

Where would be a good place to have an OM10 repaired? It needs the mirror and focus screen replaced, along with a routine cleaning, lubrication and adjustment. <br>

Thanks!</p>

<p>If required repairs are too extensive, it would likely be cheaper to replace it with another used OM-10 or the later OM-G. If you'd like better build quality then there's the OM-1 and OM-2 if you don't want to spend a lot. If you don't mind spending more, then there's the OM-3 and OM-4.</p>

<p>If possible, avoid oldest OM3 and 4 as they have some battery drain issues. IMO, upgrading to a clean (overhauled) OM-1 or 1N may be better compared to investing in an OM-10 overhaul. 1/1N is all metal, OM-10 is an entry level camera, has lots of plastic parts, will take winder only (motor drive on sequence ((if ability were enabled)) actually makes shutter shafts melt. John</p>

<p>Hi guys, thanks for all your responses. I think I'll not have the Olympus OM-10 fixed because I principally use my Pentax K2, KX, Me Super, MX, LX; Minox B, Graflex RB, Speed Graphic and 4x5 view cameras. I bought the Olympus because I had bought an Olympus tele I liked the looks of better than my other teles, but these days I'm not using teles often, and then when I do the Pentax 135mm and 200mm I have are fine. </p>