Canon EOS 5D Mark I body

joe_wharton

<p>At last, I have finished Philip Greenspun's forums on DSLR photography, so I feel qualified to participate in this forum. I have a background in 35mm film photography and a Olympus C-750 digital, and a fair ability with photoshop elements. On to the specific question:<br>

Shopping on-line for a DSLR, I came across what appears to be a fantastic deal on a 5D Mark I body (12 megapixel). I can use the lenses from my Canon EOS-750. The site is slrgenius.com, and the body only (USA, new it says) is offered in "limited quantities" for $749.00. I would certainly pay this much for this camera body, versus the (fair, high, for my useage) cost of the Mark II, but I am wondering if anyone could comment on slrgenius.com, or if there might be any firmware problems and/or firmware updates from Canon that is the reason this body is priced so low. Slrgenius also offers a bunch of kits with cheap lenses, I fear the body only price might be a bait-and-switch.<br>

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.<br>

Joe Wharton<br>

[Phone # deleted, not a good idea to post it on a public forum]</p>

<p>Scam, and an obvious one at that. The least you'll pay for a 5D at the moment seems to be around $2000, and as Jack says, even a used one in good shape will cost you around $1500.</p>

<p>I have a list of a few of the stores to be suspicious of at <a href="http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/photo_gear_buyer_beware.html">http://www.bobatkins.com/photography/photo_gear_buyer_beware.html</a> </p>

<p>I can't think you would be serious about buying that 5D for $749 from them, when they are selling the 5D markII for $1749, go for the 5DII! Better yet, how about the IDs markIII it's only $4199, what a deal. LOL, stay away from these guys. A reseller ratings of .27 should tell you all you need to know.</p>