Trouble triggering using Pocket Wizard Plus II and 5D Mark II

martin_jordan

<p>I use my Canon 40D all the time with 3 Paul C. Buff White Lightening X800 lighting units and 4 Pocket Wizard Plus II units with no problems.<br>

I just bought a new 5d Mark II a few weeks ago and mounted one of the Pocket Wizards on the hot shoe just like I do with 40D. Nothing. I push the shutter button and no flash. It works fine when I push the test button on the PW transmitter but it won't work with the shutter button. I've combed all through the Canon Mark II owners manual to find an answer. I've made several menu adjustments to try to make it work. I put the PW back on the 40D and it trips the units just fine.<br>

So I know the x800 units work fine. The PW's work fine. But not on the MarkII.<br>

What am I missing?<br>

Help?</p>

<p>Hey Guys. That's so weird. I saw the above post reply about the contact with the hot shoe. I knew I checked that but I tried it again by putting the PW back on the Mark II and tried with another lens; a 50mm. It worked fine. I put the original lens back on and it worked also.<br>

WOW! It appears that the PW transmitter wasn't making good contact. Even though I had tried that twice before apparently not good enough. Everything is fine now.<br>

Thanks again.<br>

I just love Photo.net.</p>