50D image sticks on the right between pictures

miriam_cutler

<p>Hi Miriam. Maybe I'm just dense from too many chocolate bunnies today, but I don't quite understand what you mean.<br>

Could you describe this a little more completely? Sticks on the right hand side of what? The viewfinder? I'm very happy with my 50D, and haven't had a single issue with it (alarm welling up within him as he writes, thinking... oh no!? what could that be?).</p>

<p>Ah dunno what she means too. Do you mean the image in the VF or LCD? Are you using LV? Or do you mean the Histogram valves are pushed against the right side of the graph?</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>Hi,<br>

This sounds like an Image Stabilization function where the IS mechanism causes the image to "stick" to the sides. If you are using an IS lens i'd recommend turning the IS function off and testing it out again. If the "problem" goes away then that's all it was. The image sticking on the sides with an IS lens is not usually a malfunction since the IS does tend to compensate for hand movements by moving the IS element in the lens which of course shifts the image towards a side of the frame.<br>

Mark</p>

<p>Hi Miriam, could you help us out here as we seem to be guessing. Too many ask a question and then not interact with the forums for reasons unknown, heck, only humans on here ( I hope ) your query may help many or bring out a prob that canon can fix for all..cheers :) </p>