Help with Backdrops and Props for studio?

jay_huse

<p>Ok i have a small studio in my basement. I already have a white and black backdrop. I am looking for additional props and backdrops.<br>

I have a few smaller rooms I can buy some additional backdrop paper like a hot pink, purple and yellows. <br />My question is how do i get more props and backdrops without spending a fortune. Additionally backdrops get old fast in a portfolio. I have seen some really cool silver aluminum backdrops and other props but am confused on making a junky mess out of my studio with something that will not be used very often.<br>

So what is the best way to get a diversified studio with as little as possible? I have a1000Sq basement with a bar, small wine cellar. I am looking at buying some paper backdrops of yellow, pink and blue to mix things up from my White and black. Also furniture for my work seems like an investment that only works a few times before people will get tired of looking at it in every photo. <br />What is the best way to get a diverse flexible portfolio without buying a bunch of stuff ?<br>

Thanks <br /><br />Jared</p>

<p>A good thing to try is going to a curtain and clothing fabric store. There you can get all the fabrics and patterns under the sun and the prices are pretty low. Most fabrics are between 1200mm and 2400mm wide in rolls. I use broom handles to keep it in rolls.</p>