flash bracket for Rollei

sjauch

I am trying to choose a flash bracket to use with my Rollei and a

Vivitar 285 flash. Can anyone recommend a good bracket. Stroboframe

brackets seem to be pretty good, will one of these work. Thanks for

your help.

Steve

For that exact combination, I use a bracket intended for a Swedish camera whose name begins with H which I got used for a couple of dollars (probably about 15 years old). If you have access to a used camera dealer, you might see if they have any such thing in stock.

Before that, I used a larger Vivitar bracket which was intended for medium format cameras -- again bought used, so I don't have model details. There are a fair number of used brackets floating around

There is only one satisfactory answer to this question IMO. You need a bracket that will be positioned over the lens...not to the side. Stroboframe makes a Medium Format bracket that should work well with a TLR camera and 285 (it does with mine!), over the lens, and allowing room to focus. It's about $60. Strobofame QuickFlip MF...Check B&H.

I agree with Todd -- I have the exact same setup and the Quikflip works great, even though you don't need to use the flip part. You can often pick one of these up in almost new condition for $30 if you shop around. I use this setup with my Mamiya TLR as well and have never had any red-eye problems. The 285 can really blast light when you need it.