First Wedding shoot in Awhile....

nancy s.

<p>I am shooting a wedding in a few hours.. the first one I have done in about 2 years (I have done a couple of other events in that time). I dropped out of the business as, in this area, there were so many people willing to do weddings for very little money so they could break into the market as part time weekend warriers. Some of them are very good, but when they think they are making money at $300-$500 for a digital weddding.. well, more power to them. <br>

Today's wedding is film and digital change up with three cameras (Kodak 400 NC color, Kodak CN C41 process B&W and digital). <br>

Since it has been awhile, I am really hoping I do this well. I have reviewed the people handling process and I have got all the equipmnet batteried up and set to go. I am nervous. LOL. The only consolation is that the bride will be MORE nervous. <br>

I picked up the job last weekend when the family memebr who typically does this work decided not to show for the wedding. I told the bride right up front that it has been awhile since I have shot a wedding and there will be nothing due me until I get the picutres back. I did show my previous work and she was impressed. Of course, the real question is, can I do as well for her. <br>

While the hour is late, I will take any last minute pointers (or reassurance.. ). Like I said, I think I have it nailed and I will remember to repeatedly check my settings.. I am shooting with a Fuji S2, a Nikon FM (black and white) and a Nikon 8008s (400NC). The digital will be ambient light, the two nikons have remote flashes on flash frames. </p>

<p>Settings, setttings, settings.</p>

<p>The one thing I am always checking as I move around/through the day. I find that various people who have been second shooters or assisting me, frequently forget to change thier settings as things change. ISO changes are the most commonly missed.</p>

<p>Otherwise, I suspect your work will shine and all will be well. I realized that you were familiar here before now and I recall your input from times past. Best of luck.</p>

<p>Thanks. I don't have to worry about the ISO changes on the film cameras (it is all ISO 400)and since it is cloudy here today I think using ISO 800 inside and ISO 400 outside (and remembering to change the white balance on the digicam) will do it. </p>

<p>I agree.. its all about staying cool and watching settings.</p>

<p>Nancy, you are going to do a wonderful job!!! Just tell yourself, "I am gong to have a good time, and I do wonderful", on your way to cover the wedding. I tell myself every time when I have camera with me, and go shoot (events, wedding, projects, portrait, etc.) ...and it works every time ;) <br>

You will be just fine :) </p>